P Endorsement | Area Knowledge | Become a Taxi Driver | AKL
DISCOUNTED TAXI PACKAGE
Taxi: P. Endorsement plus Area Knowledge certificate
$690 incl GST
SAVE a further $69.00 if you book online today.
- If you want to drive a vehicle carrying passengers for Hire or Reward, you must hold a P. Endorsement licence.
- If the vehicle is fitted with a taxi meter then the driver must hold an Area Knowledge Certificate for the area that Taxi company operates in e.g Auckland Metropolitan A/K certificate.
It is illegal to drive a taxi without one.
To be eligible
You must have:
- Held a full class 1 current licence for 2 or more years.
- Get a DL9 medical (approx. $45.00)
- Be able to pass a fit and proper persons check* (Serious convictions may stop a person from holding a P. Endorsement licence licence) Contact NZTA if you have any concerns.
*People from overseas will need to provide documented proof.
- A class 1 practical driving test may be required unless you have passed this test within the last 5 years. AA or VTNZ charges apply.
About the Course
P. Endorsement Course 2 days (Monday and Tuesday or two Saturdays)
- Logbooks – Unit standard 24089 ($100-00 discount if already completed in the last 12months)**
- P. Endorsement - Unit standard 17579
- On satisfactory completion of course, a certificate will be issued which you must take to the AA or VTNZ and lodge your DL20 application.
**Must provide copy of certifcate, and cover sheet of assessment.
Please note: Once you have passed the A/K test you will be given an Area Knowledge Certificate - this must be kept and a copy given to the taxi Company that you will drive for.
Please note: No resit fees
- Classes held every Thursday, bookings required.
- You will be provided with an Auckland Metropolitan A/K question bank, which contains 8 objectives for you to complete and return.
- When you have completed the booklet and learnt the material you will be ready to be tested.
- Testing to be completed within four weeks of commencement.
- No re-sit fees during this period.